Senior Accounting Associate – BA, Inc. Rockland, MA
About BA, Inc.
BA, Inc. is a regional accounting and advisory services firm focused on helping small and medium size businesses achieve their financial goals. Since 2003, Architects, Designers, Real Estate Developers & Operators, and Professional Service organizations have partnered with BA for our proactive and responsive advice, understanding of our client’s needs, and our talented and versatile team of 34 professionals and nine CPAs. Our purpose is to help businesses achieve its financial goals.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Accounting Associate to join our Team to service our expanding entity client network. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing Client Accounting Services (CAS), tax, compilation, review, audit, and business advisory services to small and mid-size clients. A successful Senior Accounting Associate will enjoy working directly with clients, enthusiastically participates in their own growth as well as the growth of the firm, and leading and coaching peers and Staff.
What you will do…
- Audit, review, and compile financial statements
- Review financial statements/reports, individual and corporate tax work, accounting records and other related documents prepared by Associate Level staff to ensure accuracy, completeness and conformance with accounting and auditing standards
- Conduct quarterly client meetings to assess interim financial statements, business cash flow, and tax position to advise on clients’ financial, tax planning, payroll administration, recordkeeping, and financial strategy planning needs
- Support Principals and Directors in client onboarding and development, including presenting financial, tax, and payroll services, assessing client needs, and preparing accounting and financial services proposals
- Contribute to the management of client services including accounting and tax outsourcing, tax planning, tax services, and recordkeeping and accounting systems
- Manage client work in process costs and invoicing clients
- Assign and manage the work of associate-level staff
- Lead and develop junior staff members in firm and client practices
- Apply logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Are detail oriented, organized, and possess the ability to multi-task
- Possess a sense of urgency and the ability to meet critical timelines
- Can develop relationships with clients to understand their financial goals and provide value-added services
- Are able to lead and develop peers and staff
- Can delegate, review, and manage deliverables of Associate staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MSA, or MBA preferred
- CPA or CPA track is a plus
- 2 – 4 years’ public accounting experience
- Advanced use of accounting, auditing, and data management software solutions including CCH Axcess; CCH Engagement; MS Excel; and QuickBooks
What you will receive from us…
Top of market compensation, flexible work schedules, professional growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, training and mentoring programs, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, dedicated Team of co-workers, and a relaxed welcoming atmosphere and culture.
In addition, you will receive paid time off, 401K, health/dental/vision, long-term and short-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance, a bright modern work environment in Rockland and Woburn offices.
BA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace people of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to James Castonguay, email@example.com. Please reference “Senior Accounting Associate” in your subject line.