Tax & Accounting Associate / Manager – Hybrid Options, Work/Life Balance, $70-100
BA, Inc. is a regional accounting and advisory services firm focused on helping small and medium size businesses achieve their financial goals. Since 2003, Architects, Designers, Real Estate Developers & Operators, and Professional Service organizations have partnered with BA for our proactive and responsive advice, understanding of our client’s needs, and our talented and versatile team of 34 professionals and nine CPAs. Our purpose is to help businesses achieve its financial goals.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Accounting Associate to join our Team to service our expanding entity client network. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing Client Accounting Services (CAS), tax, compilation, review, audit, and business advisory services to small and mid-size clients. A successful Senior Accounting Associate will enjoy working directly with clients, enthusiastically participates in their own growth as well as the growth of the firm, and leading and coaching peers and Staff.
Our firm continues to grow steadily and we’re looking for a Senior Tax & Accounting Associates to grow with us. We offer a flexible schedule with mix of remote and in office time from our Woburn or Rockland locations.
What this job is NOT:
- Overtime and overworked
- Extreme tax season crunch
- Putting up with jerks or ungrateful clients
- Punching the clock
- Working by yourself with no training
- Having to sell or be a rainmaker
- Old school practice with no systems
What this job IS:
- Serving small business clients year round
- Surrounded by a great team of accountants and admin professionals
- Production incentives to decide how much you want to work and make
- Work life balance, even during tax season
- Proven systems and software
- Collaborative and supportive team
- Continuous learning and improvement
- Building client relationships and talking to small business owners
We are a unique and successful Massachusetts accounting firm with offices south and north of Boston. We have a history of growth over the past 20 years and are looking for an exceptional person to fill this new position.
We use a systematic approach to partner with our clients where we provide a package of services which includes monthly accounting, tax planning and preparation, payroll and business advice. In essence, we help small business owners be better organized, helping them grow and be more profitable while helping them save taxes. Because we are a small firm, we understand small businesses and our employees play a key role in our clients’ success.
- Review monthly financial reports for your group of clients and
- Build client relationships and communicate with monthly calls/emails
- Supervise bookkeepers in monthly production
- Prepare tax returns and tax estimates
- Provide tax planning and advice
- Attend and administer Strategy sessions with new clients and manage implementations
- Good working knowledge of financial statements, Quickbooks and Quickbooks Online
- CCH Tax software experience a plus
- Comfortable working with small business owners and building relationships
- Evidence of supervisory ability
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent (Accounting emphasis is helpful, but not required)
- Enjoys numbers and is technologically savvy
- Enrolled Agent or CPA helpful, but we will train the right person
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary and Incentive
- Group health insurance plan
- 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000 – $100,000 per year
Flexible Schedule Monday to Friday
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Caitlin Morris firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Senior Accounting Associate” in your subject line.